Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 16 - A book you’ve always meant to have read and never got round to

 by Leo Tolstoy

There are so many books on my bookshelf that fit into this category, I am guilty of constantly buying books to add to my collection much faster than I can possibly read them! However Anna Karenina is my choice today because I have been dying to read this book for quite some time but I keep putting it off, reading other books instead. I think this is partly because I'm intimidated by the enormity of this book, both in the literal sense and in the cultural sense, but I also think it is because I want to be able to read this book with no distractions. I don't want to be thinking about upcoming uni assessment or work while I read this book, nor do I want to hear washing machines, lawn-mowers or computer games while I attempt to read this landmark in Russian literature. The setting needs to be perfect, or at least that is what I keep telling myself. I put off buying the book for months and months looking for the perfect second hand copy, but apparently this is one book no one likes to part with so I had to settle with a paperback copy from the bookstore. Excuses, excuses.  I will get to this book eventually, I am determined to, I think I just need the right push to get me started. Any ideas on how to launch into this momentous book readers?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...