Thursday, May 12, 2011

A-Z of favourite authors


I found this challenge over at Weekly Geeks  (that I came across thanks to Midnight Book Girl) and thought it looked like a bit of fun.

You know how when someone asks you who your favorite author is? And you feel a bit crazy coming up with just one? Now is your chance to come up with 26 (at least) favorite authors by making a list of  them ABC style. There are no rules, list a couple per letter if you feel the need.




 
Margaret Atwood
Douglas Adams 
Louisa May Alcott
 
William S. Burroughs
Anthony Burgess
C  
Bryce Courtenay

Roald Dahl
Charles Dickens 
Philip K. Dick 
Luke Davies

Warren Ellis
Jeffrey Eugenides
F  
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Chris Fuhrman
 
Neil Gaiman
H
Nick Hornby
I

Dianna Wynne Jones
 
Jack Kerouac
Stephen King

John Adjvide Lindqvist
Madeline L'Engle
M
Alan Moore
Frank McCourt 
Richard Matheson
N
Vladimir Nabokov
O
P
Philip Pullman
Q
R  
J.K. Rowling
Ian Rankin
S
William Shakespeare
Ralph Steadman 
J.D. Salinger 

Hunter S. Thompson
JRR Tolkien 
Ethel Turner
U
V
Kurt Vonnegut
 
Irvine Welsh
X
Y

Markus Zusak

That's all I can think of at the moment but there are far too many gaps for me to leave it as is! I'll probably come back and add to this over time, but if you can think of anyone I've missed out let me know through the comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...