Monday, February 13, 2012

Blog Tag

So Miss Laura somehow managed to tag me, even though I'm lightening fast and put cheetahs to shame every time I go for a jog. But anyway, because she slipped in while I had my defences down, I'm now going to take part in this tag myself. The rules are as follows...

1. Post the rules
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself
3. Answer questions from the person who tagged you
4. Make up 11 questions for the people you tag
5. Tag 11 people (I'm actually going to skip these last two rules, purely because everyone I want to tag has the "award free blog" notice on their blog, so instead this will basically be an about me post)
6. Let them know they've been tagged

11 facts about me...

1. I collect teapots, the more unusual the better. I have a snowman, a sparrow, a rose, an English post box, an Alice in Wonderland three-spouted one...plus a butt-load of regular shaped ones with pretty patterns.

2. I'm super lazy. There is nothing I like more than just laying in bed with a book, or watching a film or TV series start to finish. I really have to force myself to get up and do something.

3. I go through obsessions from time to time. Currently I'm obsessed with weddings, baking and interior design. I spend hours on the net hunting down wonderful invite designs, cupboard styles and DIY ideas. They're all saved as bookmarks or photos on my computer. They'll come in handy one day, hopefully.

4. I really want another tattoo but I can't decide what. I want to marry my passion for film and literature in the one image but I have no idea how to do it.

5. Both of my sisters are currently living with me. One is moving into her new place next Friday and the other is in the process of looking for a place (and a job) after returning from a 6 week trek through Nepal. Needless  to say, my house is CRAMPED.

6. I'm going to be having a skype date with my nana this week. It'll be the first time I've seen her face to face since I was 5! (She lives in Canada, visits are tricky)

7. As a kid I always wanted to live in the 1960s (major Beatles fan here) but if I could go back in time right now I'd probably pick the 1920s. Aesthetically very me.

8. Tom and I met at a bar when he recognised the Hunter S. Thompson print on my T-shirt and bought me a drink so we could discuss how fantastic HST is.

9. I have an over-active imagination, so when I struggle to fall asleep I put a TV show or podcast on which generally sends me off to slumber-town.

10. My favourite colour is the blue of the Twilight night sky (while there is just the smallest strip of orange sunset along the horizon).

11. I hate needles. I know almost everyone does, but I'm so bad that I had to go to my mum's work (she works in Health) and have one of her nurse's do it because they knew how to calm me down. When I had my ears pierced I fainted and when I gave blood in year 12 I had to lie down for an hour because my blood pressure dropped so low. Somehow I was fine when I got my tattoo though!


Laura's questions...

1. If money was no object, where would you most like to live in the world?

EVERYWHERE! High on my list for places to live right now (however unrealistic it may be) is Canada, Prague, England, Scotland and Iceland. Basically I'd like to be somewhere cold and somewhere near-ish to other countries - living in Australia makes travelling a bitch.

2. What books are on your nightstand/wherever you keep the books you're going to read next right now?

I wish I was that organised. I have an idea of the books I want/need to read for my challenges each month, otherwise I just take a look at my bookshelves and pick up whichever book jumps out at me.

3. Do you have any hobbies apart from reading that are really exciting? 

Rock climbing, sky-diving and dumpster diving....or you know, a bunch of not so interesting hobbies that mostly keep me stuck behind a computer for hours on end. I like platformer games, watching films and TV series (is that a hobby?), hunting around OP shops for teapots and gorgeous furniture, and writing with my boyfriend.

4. What is your favourite cartoon?

Oh man, I used to watch anything and everything. Favourites probably were (and still are) any Disney film, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Aghh! Real Monsters, Ren and Stimpy, Sailor Moon, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life....that's all I can remember right now, but I bet there are more!

5. Who is your favourite celebrity crush, if you had to pick just one? 

Too hard! Top 4 are Michael Pitt, Christian Bale, Tim Robbins and Gary Oldman and I can't cut it any lower than that! All 4 are phenomenal actors, interesting men and devilishly handsome in their own (somewhat unconventional) ways.

6. What kind of music is your favourite, and which artist would you most recommend to me/anyone?

I have fairly eclectic taste when it comes to music, but I guess my taste centres around alternative and indie music mostly. I recently discovered psychobilly, which is all kinds of wonderful. If I could recommend anyone it'd be Elliot Smith, I can listen to him regardless of my mood, his music is beautiful.

7. Are you a simple girl or a Katie girl?

I don't think anyone would voluntarily call themselves a simple girl would they? I'm probably not as crazy and "Katie" as Carrie or Katie from The Way We Were but I still think I fall more into that category than any other.

8. Readalongs: Scourge of the devil, or really really really fun? 

Haven't participated in one yet, so I can't really answer this one.

9. Cupcakes: anti-feminism, or just tasty little cakes?

Tasty little parcels of magical wonderfulness that everyone should be able to eat all the time without any guilt of fat going to their hips.

10. You're given a ticket for a round the world trip- who do you take with you, and where are you going first?

I'd take either my boyfriend Tom or my sister Sian. If we're going all around the world I'd probably start nearby, maybe in the Philippines, and island hop up to mainland Asia and then up and around so that I can finish (after a year) in a wintery wonderland. Or something like that. To be honest, I don't care, as long as I get to see everything!

11. What is your desert island book?

That's a difficult question! I'd probably say Harry Potter if I could bring the entire series, because I've read and re-read that series dozens of times and have never gotten bored. But if it has to be a single book it might be The Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson or a blank notebook and I could finally write something myself.

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't catch you in a real game of tag, trust me! I approve of your obsessions, and may I recommend pinterest as a good place to store the things you like? I mean, I know it's a thing everyone's doing and YAWN, BUT it is really really good for like remembering things you want to remember- I'm particularly fond of my 'places to go' board :).

    AND- I love that you're going to have a skype date with your nana! SO cute! And I totally want to live in the 60s and be a hippy. So lets do that (I'm choosing to ignore the 20s, even though I do like the hairstyles.) So, yeah, basically all the interesting things=very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pinterest! It's almost embarrassing how many wedding and house pictures I've pinned even though it's centuries before either will happen! Dude, I'll look you up and start "following" you!

    I love the architecture, design and hair/clothing in the 1920s...I'd be quite happy to avoid the political/social/money issues of the decade though! Can you imagine hanging out in Paris during the 1920s though? Seriously, I want to go there right now, the film MIDNIGHT IN PARIS is basically my dream! But I'm down for the 1960s too, have you got a time machine handy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm REALLY curious about the Alice in Wonderland teapot...

    Haha, I fainted when I had my ears pierced too! Not because of needles though - in fact, it didn't bother me in the slightest. I just happened to be in a shop twenty minutes later and suddenly went BANG and I was on the floor!

    I'd love to live in the 1920s - I love the hair, the clothes, the music and how everybody seemed to make more effort with their appearance back then. It looks fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I included a picture of the teapot back when I did a photo series of my bookshelves. I really love it, it was between this one and a Mrs Potts (from Beauty and the Beast) teapot. I wish I could have had both!

    http://kfmurphy.blogspot.com.au/2011/07/behind-blog-bookshelves-edition.html

    My sister nearly passed out too. She doesn't have an issue with needles, but obviously there is some kind of shock/blood pressure issue in my family!

    I wish I could even think about putting in the same sort of effort as the ladies from the 1920s. I'm so lazy, even on my best days! They'd be so ashamed!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...