Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Throw Your Audio/digital Book Recommendations My Way (But Please Avoid The Face)

So if you've visited my blog over the last 6 months or seen my twitter feed then you'll know that I'm heading to America and Canada this Christmas. My accommodation is booked, my flights are booked, my ticket to Alcatraz (which I keep misspelling as Azkaban) is secured. I've started making plans with several of you fancy people so that I can meet you and shower you in Australian treats. I've even started writing up lists of what to pack (yes I am that person).

I am this kid, this kid is me.
But this isn't a post about how organised and excited I am (except it kind of is) it's a post where I ask you for book recommendations for this holiday.

I'm only bringing one physical book with me, and that's Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Otherwise I'm going audio and digital books only, because I am sick of the added weight in my bag and never packing books I end up actually wanting to read. But see, I don't actually have much in the way of audio and digital books, so I need to buy/download a bunch before I get on the plane and start my trip.

So far I've bought (thanks to birthday vouchers and Netgalley)

Digital editions:
-Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
-We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
-Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
-Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett
-The Circle by Dave Eggers
-Life in Outer Space by Melissa Keil

Audiobooks:
-World War Z by Max Brooks
-Bossypants by Tina Fey

I feel like I've probably got an okay selection of digital books and I can easily download some books from my TBR list as I go*. But I would love some help finding decent audiobooks. Tom and I listened to the Harry Potter audiobooks across Japan and it was so great, not only because duh, Harry Potter, but because sometimes reading with your eyes is just too hard when you're on the tail end of a 5 hour train ride. Are there any books you've listened to on audiobook that you recommend? Are there types of books that work better as audiobooks? Should I stick to author narrated books like Bossypants or are there particular narrators to keep an eye out for?

*But any recommendations are much appreciated y'all.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...