Saturday, February 13, 2016

Holiday Photo Diary: Scandinavia (Odense, Copenhagen, Malmö, Lund)

This post will be my smallest holiday diary because I went from my conference in Odense to spending time with some friends in Sweden, so I didn't really do the usual tourism and photo deal. But it was lovely and you'll have to take my word for it.

The conference was in Odense, the home of Hans Christian Andersen. I was only there for the days of the conference so I didn't get a chance to visit his home or the museum, but there were statues and memorials for him dotted around the whole town. If you ever take a trip to Denmark I highly recommend stopping in to Odense. It's about an hour or two outside of Copenhagen and utterly charming. We had a conference dinner at the restaurant No 61 in the centre of town and it was a mouthwatering Danish meal. On another night I went to Christian Firtal, a brewery in town, with a couple of other attendees. It was a perfect hideaway and I had a beer called Hoppy Christmas - perfect place is perfect.

After the conference I caught a train up to Lund, Sweden where a couple of my friends moved a few years ago. It was the first time I met their gorgeous little son, and together we walked around the pretty town of Lund and caught a train out to Malmö (about 45 minutes) to visit the town squares. I wish I'd had more time to really explore Sweden. Next time for sure. After an night of catching up and reading their son Mister Men and Little Miss books, we caught a train out to Copenhagen. Little kids means that everything takes a lot longer so I didn't get to see a lot of Copenhagen, but we did take a stroll past Tivoli Gardens, the amusement park, and down to Nyhavn, the 17th waterfront entertainment district populated with colourful buildings.

The quiet little street I stayed on in Odense

My home for the conference

Hoppy Christmas, Christian Firtal
Walking through Lund with my pals
Malmö
Nyhavn, Copenhagen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...